Hero Voicemail puts you in control of setting up and accessing your messages from anywhere. Our standard voicemail features include personal recordings for BUSY and UNAVAILABLE, save, delete, forward and the ability to deliver via email and use SMS for notifications (charges apply).
You can check your voicemail from any Hero phone line by simply dialing *55 on your handset. If you wish to check your voicemail externally from a non-Hero phone then you can dial:
+64-9-242-0000 (or 09-242-0000 inside NZ)
You will be prompted for your phone number (which should be in 0x xxx xxxx format) and then your PIN code. Before you can do this however you will need to assign yourself a PIN number your voicemail settings
Simply login with your Hero phone line and then assign a PIN code in the 'Voicemail PIN number:' field. You can also forward voicemails to an email address and setup other options in this page.
Other Voicemail Features:
Step 1: Login to Portal
- Log into Hero Now at https://portal.herotel.uk
- Voice tab > Select number (eg 442034567890)
- Incoming Calls > Voicemail Service
- NB – We recommend writing a script and rehearsing before recording any CloudPBX messenging.
Step 2: Recording your VM
- Dial *55: Dial from the phone you wish to record your prompts on and select '0' for mailbox options from the menu and then follow the prompts.
- Media Upload: For higher quality recordings for Voicemail UNAVAILABLE or BUSY (as well as Auto Attendant, Music on Hold, and Caller Tunes) you can upload your MP3 recordings using the Media Section.
Step 3: VM Access and Delivery
- Accessing your Voicemail box: You can access your own inbox by dialling *55.
- Voicemail PIN number: To access to your voicemail from phone not directly linked to your message box requires a PIN code (see Voicemail PIN number). To access that box enter *55 at anytime during the message. You will be greeted by the message……”please enter your password followed by the # key”
- Call Diversion Timer: Sets the seconds to wait before diverting to voicemail or forwarding.
- Email: Enter the email address where you want your voicemail messages delivered.
- SMS: Send and SMS alerts to let you know you have a new voicemail. Note each SMS will cost 20 cents.
- From a Hero Phone: Dial *55 from your Hero phone to access your personal mailbox.
- 4 – previous message
- 5 – Repeat
- 6 – Play next message
- 7 – Delete
- 8 – Forward
- 9 – SAVE
- Voicemail Star Access: Dial your own Hero number from any phone and wait for it to go to voicemail then press *55 and you will be prompted for your PIN code (this must already be setup) followed by # to access your mailbox messages as normal. You can also setup calling numbers as trusted callers to avoid having to enter a PIN number.
- From Hero: You can check your new voicemails by simply logging into Hero and clicking on the messages tab. (You cannot setup prompts etc. using the web interface however).
- From email: You can login to Hero and under voicemail settings setup an email address to forward all voicemail messages onto. For the technically minded Subscribers you can also connect to our IMAP server (mail.cloud2tel.co.uk) using TLS/Secure connection and check your voicemail directly from your email client such as Outlook.
Step 4: Disable Voicemail
- Log into https://portal.herotel.uk
- Select Voice tab > select a number
- Select Incoming Calls > Voice Mail
- Click the checkbox Turn off your Voice-mail call diversions
6. Managing After hours Voicemail
To setup an after hours Voicemail you will need to configure Do not Disturb and set your Time Schedules (under Other Settings/ Time Schedules Preferences) to define your office work hours.